Cybersecurity Technical Writer
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is the world’s leading organization dedicated to defining and raising awareness of best practices to help ensure a secure cloud computing environment. CSA harnesses the subject matter expertise of industry practitioners, associations, governments, and its corporate and individual members to offer cloud security-specific research, education, training, certification, events, and products. CSA’s activities, knowledge, and extensive network benefit the entire community impacted by cloud — from providers and customers to governments, entrepreneurs, and the assurance industry — and provide a forum through which different parties can work together to create and maintain a trusted cloud ecosystem.
The Cloud Security Alliance is seeking a Cybersecurity Technical Writer. This position shall have a variety of responsibilities including:
1. Developing new training programs within the CSA Training service portfolio. In particular the candidate shall create scripting based on existing CSA best practices, guideline reports, and papers.
2. Contributing to the creation of study guides for new and existing training solutions.
3. Writing technical questions to test the comprehension of training materials and mastery of learning objectives
4. Managing review and expert groups
5. Collect, analyze, and summarize technical input from various sources (Circle’s communities, CSA’s library, web, etc.) with the goal of generating new training material and potential input for CSA’s best practices (e.g., CCM).
6. Attending meetings to serve as a representative of the CSA Training Program
7. Interfacing with CSA’s CTO Team
8. Interfacing with CSA’s Research Team
Applicants should have very good information security subject matter expertise, should be an analytical thinker with amiable personalities, positive outlooks, very strong communication skills, quality and detail oriented and capable of working under tight deadlines. Organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are also beneficial.
The candidate will be part of the CSA CTO’s Office and will be reporting to the CTO and the Training department.
Scope of Responsibilities
● Must be able to translate complex technical documents into training material for various target audiences
● Must have experience in generating technical content
● Must be highly motivated and able to function independently
● Must be able to work on tight deadline
● Must have strong analytical skills and be details oriented
● Experience in creating material for either virtual self-paced or instructor-led trainings is a plus
● Experience in the area of training product development is a plus
● Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, and organizational skills are required
● Ability to assemble and present effective presentations is a plus
● Experience 2+ years experience in areas relevant to the role
● Working experience in the information cloud security field is a plus
● Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
● Being familiar with Cloud Security Alliance and its work is a plus
● Competitive Base Salary, Commission, and Work-life Balance (depending on work experience)
● Growth and Development Opportunities
● Expense Support for home office and equipment
CSA provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion
CSA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.